Council services over the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holidays
Details of services over the holiday period
Find out what’s on in Elmbridge
Her Majesty The Queen will become the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee, seventy years of service, having acceded to the throne on 6 February 1952.
Find out what's on in Elmbridge.
Bin collections and recycling centres
- There are no changes to bin collections, but make sure your bin is out by 6.30am on the day of collection.
- Community Recycling Centres across Surrey will be closed on Friday 3 June to enable staff to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. All sites will open as normal on Thursday 2 June, Saturday 4 June and Sunday 5 June 2022. For details visit the Surrey County Council website.
You can check our Twitter feed @elmbridgebc for up-to-date information.
The Civic Centre will be closed from 7pm on Wednesday 1 June and re-open on Monday 6 June at 7am.
Community Support Services
- All Centres for Community, Dementia Services and Cobham Link groups will be closed from Thursday 2 June, reopening Monday 6 June.
- Meals on Wheels will run a weekend service across the Bank Holidays.
- Community Alarms will continue to be monitored throughout.
From 5pm on 1 June to 8.45am on 6 June, if you are homeless and need assistance, please call our out of hours service on 0300 123 7719.
During normal opening hours if you at risk of being homeless call 01372 474590.
Over the Platinum Jubilee Weekend (from Thursday 2 June morning to Monday 6 June morning) and for people to enjoy their celebrations, the gates to all parks and open spaces will remain unlocked in the exception of the following locations which will be locked at night at the usual time:
- Cowey Sale
- Hurst Park
- Molesey Hurst Cemetery
- Brooklands Park
- Ditton Reach
- Cobham Recreation Ground
Keeping you safe in an emergency