Let's have a litter-free summer
Keep our green spaces safe and clean
We all value our access to green spaces, especially in summer time.
We are working hard to keep parks and open spaces safe and clean for everybody to enjoy. Sadly, litter is sometimes an issue. To help with this, we have installed new dual use bins (general litter and dog litter) across the borough and there are larger capacity bins at popular sites.
We are asking residents and visitors to please do their bit to help:
- if you are planning a gathering in our parks, plan ahead to take your rubbish home
- take your rubbish home when bins are full; we will empty them on our next scheduled collection
- report any litter issues in green spaces by using the QR code on bins. This will cut our response time
- do not bring barbecues to open spaces
- if you are dog walker/owner, please pick up after your dog and dispose of dog poo bags responsibly
- keep dogs under control at all times
Most importantly, make the most of your local green spaces and enjoy your time outdoors this summer.
Read our litter in Elmbridge webpage for more information on how we deal with litter.