Let's get Elmbridge moving
Older Persons Day
Thursday 6 October - Xcel leisure complex - 9am to 12pm
To celebrate Older Persons Day, we are inviting residents to an open morning at the Xcel leisure complex in Walton for free taster exercise sessions and advice on how to stay active and living independently.
Address: Waterside Drive, Walton-on-Thames, KT12 2JG
Free taster sessions
Join in classes led by our health instructor who will advise you on exercise best suited to your needs. Try out:
- Cancer/cardiac circuits class: 9.30am - 10.25am - suitable for everybody including seated options
- Strength and balance class: 10.45am - 11.40am - a mixture of seated and standing exercises, looking at helping muscle strength, balance and confidence and the opportunity of socialising and meeting new people.
Have a go at walking sports
Meet the organisers and get moving with the team:
Take a stroll
With an Elmbridge Wellbeing Walks leader:
- 10.30am - 10.50am or 11am: Towpath walk. Meet outside entrance to Xcel leisure complex. Slow, flat walk. Leader: Keith.
- 10.30am - 11am: Riverside park walk,Leaving from Hersham Centre for the Community, 7 Queens Road, Hersham, KT12 5LU. Slow, flat walk. Leader: Janet.
Talk to us about staying active and living independently
Visit our stands in the foyer and meet people and organisations who can give you support:
- Meet Community Support Services to discuss:
- Talk to the Xcel team about their Covid Recovery Programme
- Ask the Citizens Advice Team about benefits and debt management, and gets lot of other useful advice on other topics
- Have a chat with CHEER who support older people in Elmbridge with advice on benefits, home visits and social interaction
- Sight for Surrey will offer advice for those who are blind, partially sighted, deafblind or hard of hearing
Get your free 5-day pass!
Collect a free 5-day pass and a programme to try classes for free at Xcel at a time that suits you.
For more information, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org